This year marks the ninth edition of the Young Hoteliers Summit at the Ecole Hotelier de Lausanne, Switzerland and once again Stenden South Africa is sending two delegates and a faculty member to take part in this prestigous event from the 12th to the 14th of March 2018.

The eighth edition of the summit had an attendance of 300 students from 40 different countries. Even so, this edition promises to be even bigger with six continents being represented as Australia and South America are sending delegates to the summit for the first time this year.

The two delegates from Stenden South Africa that will be attending the summit are Cristabel Sibanda and Jesse Stanley who are both 3rd year students currently studying Hospitality Management at Stenden South Africa. The faculty member charged with the task of ensuring everything runs smoothly is Clare du Plessis, a lecturer who is very much in touch with current hospitality trends and innovation.

Jesse Stanley had the following to say about this up and coming opportunity, “As a third year student, I find that this is the most incredible opportunity for me to showcase myself and my university in front of a massive audience, filled with like minded young hoteliers who are all wanting to give the best representations of themselves. As the date gets closer, I find that my nerves are starting to take over but with such an incredible opportunity to network and learn from industry leaders from around the world, I am excited to be a part of this ‘once in a life time’ opportunity. I am excited to experience new ideas and to see what such a large audience has to say about my ideas that I have come up with during my three years studying at Stenden South Africa.

Stenden South Africa would like to wish the three of you a safe and productive trip, and we cannot wait to hear about your adventures abroad.