STENDEN SOUTH AFRICA
a campus of NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
Stenden South Africa is a registered Private Higher Education Institution that offers a Bachelor of Commerce in Hospitality Management and a Bachelor of Business Administration in Disaster Relief Management. In addition, Stenden South Africa offers minor specialisations for overseas students from NHL Stenden University, receiving up to 140 foreign students each semester. Stenden South Africa is an Employment Equity Employer and invites suitably qualified persons regardless of race, sex or religion, to apply for the post of:
(Senior) Lecturer (x2)
Purpose Lectures in the Hotel Management School and relevant modules of the Disaster Management School
Responsible to Academic Dean Hotel Management School
Responsible for –
Liaises with Other Lecturers and Educational Support Office
Limits of Authority As defined by Exam Regulations and HR Policies
Remuneration Salary Level 6-7 based on qualifications and experience
Additional Benefits: Provident Fund and Medical Insurance
- Lecturing and assessing students through different educational work forms in given modules in the fields of: Financial Management / Revenue Management / Project Management / Strategic management / Hospitality Management and related subjects.
- Preparation and revision of educational materials.
- Performs annual module revisions as per the PDCA quality management cycle;
- Act as tutor in PBL / DBE or lecturer in other educational methods.
- Assists in the development of new educational products.
- Provides Educational Support Office with lecturer and classroom requirements;
- Informs Academic Dean on student satisfaction and passing rates and follows corrective action when norms are not achieved.
- Liaises with respective expertise team for curriculum in the given expertise.
- Any other administrative, coordination, or execution required by the department.
- Masters Degree within a discipline that is complimentary to the position;
- At least three years of experience in a higher education environment teaching one or more of the subjects: Financial Management / Revenue Management / Project Management / Strategic management / Hospitality Management or related subjects
- Excellent communication skills and command of the English language;
- Inter-culturally sensitive;
- Good planning skills;
- Experience and affinity with the educational philosophy of social constructivism;
- Hospitality Management experience is considered a plus.
Please email your detailed CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20 November 2019
Commencement of duties: January 2020
Enquiries: Dr. Juliet Chipumuro (046) 6042204
Note: Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard back on 1 December 2019.